Fees Q & A’s
Who do I contact regarding fees?
Please contact Caroline Brown at the Trust Bursary firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01865 390030.
How do I pay my School Fees?
Preferred payment is by bank transfer:
Barclays Bank PLC
Liverpool Lord Street
Sort Code: 20-01-25
Account No: 90314382
Cothill Trust IBAN number:
IBAN GB50 BARC 2001 2590 3143 82
Please use the invoice number or pupil surname preceded by a school identifier in the reference
School identifiers: CH for Cothill, CM for Chandlings, KH for Kitebrook, MH for Mowden, AH for Ashdown, BS for Barfield, CS for Sauveterre.
If making an international transfer please remember to check “remitter pays all charges” on the transfer to ensure the correct amount is paid.
With regard to monthly direct debit payments we do not administrate that ourselves but, in common with many independent schools, refer parents to a company that operates such credit agreements, please see below.
When setting up an Agreement for the first time, please ensure it is set up in good time for the payment of fees at the beginning of term.
How do you invoice us?
Fees are due on or before the first day of the term for which they are due.
Invoices for the following term are issued at the end of each term (December, March, July) comprising fees in advance for the term ahead and extras in arrears for the term just finished.
Invoices are usually posted for UK parents and emailed to overseas parents, also to UK parents on request.
What is your Childcare Voucher Policy?
The Trust is happy to accept Childcare Vouchers in full or partial settlement of qualifying fees.
Please refer to your employer in the first instance to see whether your company participates in a childcare voucher scheme as part of a salary sacrifice scheme for employees. Please note that the regulations relating to the Childcare Voucher Scheme are changing all the time so you should seek guidance from your employer regarding the latest figures or refer to www.hmrc.gov.uk/childcare.
Vouchers may only be used by parents or those with “parental responsibility” for the child concerned.
Our acceptance of vouchers is strictly on the condition that, should HMRC dispute any element of our acceptance, any liability for a reclaim of tax or national insurance contributions remains solely with the parent and/or their employer; the Trust cannot accept any liability in this respect.
Please see below a list of charges, we believe, fall within the HMRC definition of “qualifying Childcare”:-
Early Years Department
Fees for Pre-School
School Fees for Reception children under 5 at the start of any term, as this is deemed as non-compulsory education
Any chargeable After School Care or Breakfast Club
Flexible/occasional boarding fees and the boarding element of the full boarding fee – please contact Caroline Brown for details
Holiday Clubs held on School premises
Please note that fees for Sauveterre are not eligible.
In addition, we also require that arrangements for accepting childcare vouchers fulfil the following conditions:
Fees must be settled within our normal terms and conditions which require payment in advance. In practice this requires parents to either save up vouchers and then to make payment in a lump sum at the start of a term or to make monthly advance payments during the term when the fees have already been settled in full.
All payments from voucher providers must be made via bank transfer; we do not accept paper vouchers.
Each Trust School has to be registered individually with Voucher Providers so please email email@example.com to request the relevant registration details.
What are your Terms and Conditions?
For details on Admissions, Fees and Terms and Conditions please see the relevant policy for each individual Trust School. These will be available from their school office or published on their individual websites. However, please also note the following;
- Payment is due before the first day of term.
- Where payment of the account is received after the due date without prior agreement, the School will levy a late payment charge (calculated at 2% per month) on the amount outstanding. In the case of a disputed charge, please do not adjust your payment of the termly bill without seeking the agreement of the Bursar.
- A full term's notice in writing to the Head is required before the withdrawal of a pupil, in default of which a full term's fees will be charged in lieu.
- The Trust's policy is not to allow the accumulation of debt with regards to fees. One term's arrears will mean that parents are given the following term as notice to remove their child from the Trust school. Two terms in arrears will require the Trust to withdraw its services immediately. Legal action will be used to settle outstanding debts. If parents find it difficult to meet the fee payments they must, in the first instance, contact the Bursary and maintain communication.
- Please note that Sauveterre, Fees and airfares are charged in advance of the term ahead.
- Extras are charged in arrears for the previous term and therefore represent charges already incurred.
- If there are any queries on your account, please ring the Bursary on +44 (0) 1865 390030.
Bursaries and Discounts
Sibling Discount Policy
10% for second and subsequent siblings with the eldest at any time charged full fees
20% for serving members of the UK Forces in receipt of boarding CEA. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org using your military email address with your rank and posting to confirm eligibility
Foreign Office Discount
10% for serving members of the UK Foreign Office. Please email the Bursary using your FO email address with your professional title to confirm eligibility
Please see this page for more information on our Bursary Policy.
Personal Accident Insurance
A copy of our Pupils' Personal Accident Insurance details can be found here.